Your quirks. Your interest in unusual things. The small things that bring you joy. The odd things you do because they feel right to you. The unique things that you find funny — or fascinating — these are the things about you that make you truly unique and different from others — and they are among, if not the most beautiful things about you.
It can take bravery to be yourself and exert your individuality, but the alternative — to conform — is to become less of an individual. While there is an implied comfort & safety in conformity, conformity represents the ordinary. The status quo. And it is the enemy of creativity.
It is ok to fit in, but to actively change yourself to be just like the crowd is to yield your personal power & influence to others.
Every time you change something unique about yourself in order to be just like someone else, a piece of the best part of you dies.
Don’t think of it as being “weird” or “different”, think of it as being limited edition. Be extraordinary. Not ordinary.
- It’s OK to be weird
- Not everyone will understand your journey…
- When you truly know who you are…
- Resistance isn’t futile
- The mock of shame
- The unique you is beautiful
- The problem with the expression “Be yourself”
- I’d rather be interesting than normal.
- Offsite: If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be.
- Offsite: Normal is…
- Offsite: “Masks” by Shel Silverstein
- Offsite: Neil deGrasse Tyson: Be Yourself
- Offsite: Normal is nothing more than a cycle on a washing machine
- Offsite: Be uncommon
- To be yourself, it isn’t easy
- Offsite: Weird is just a side effect of being awesome
- Offsite: To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else…
- Offsite: When you are brave enough to be yourself…
- Offsite: Am I going mad?