Please note: If you like the content on this page, many of the pieces on this site have been edited, updated, merged, consolidated, or entirely rewritten (as necessary) for inclusion into my new book series (which also features entirely new content).
“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James
Yes, you absolutely make a difference.
But do you know how you make even more of a difference?
Simply by being aware of times that you can do so and then following through with some kind of action.
A kind word, a sincere compliment, a bit of encouragement, a smile, a listening ear, some positive feedback…
These things often take mere moments of our time to give, but can be worth so much to the people on the receiving end.
Accentuate the positive and positivity expands. You don’t have to see it to know it happens, but when you do, it is its own special reward.
- Offsite: Dear Panera Bread
- Offsite: ‘Act as if what you do makes a difference’
- Offsite: ‘If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito’
- Being “awesome” doesn’t mean simply existing.
- Never underestimate the power of a single act of kindness