Please note: If you like the content on this page, much -- but not all -- of the written content featured on this site has been reviewed, edited, and updated (as necessary) and is now included my new book series (which also features entirely new content).
“What do you do?” is a dull question that often leads to a dull “I’m a [job title]” response.
No one is ever just a [job title].
When you TRULY want to get to know someone better, try:
- “What’s your idea of a dream job?”
- “What are you passionate about?”
- “What did you want to be when you grew up?”
- “What would you try if you knew you would not fail?”
- “What sets your soul on fire?”
- “What’s something you would love to do, but haven’t yet?” and “Why haven’t you?”