~ • ~
Yes, you will sometimes feel like putting in the effort to make a positive difference isn’t necessarily worth it.
And not everyone cares about the things you care about.
And sometimes you will feel like you are the only one that something actually matters to.
But you’re not.
Never let a lack of recognition of your efforts to make a positive difference get in the way of doing what you feel is right.
Because sometimes, the most effective thing you can do is simply set a good example.
The people who make a positive difference in the world are the ones who keep trying to.
Not for fame. Or recognition. Or personal benefit.
But because it’s the right thing to do.
- Wearing a cape is optional
- Doing Good
- Never underestimate the power of a single act of kindness
- Believing in yourself
- Being kind without expectation is the truest kind of kindness.
- Rejection is neither an indication of value or talent
- If you want kindness, be kind.
- If you want more kindness in the world, put some there.
- Lanes merge ahead
From the comments:
Stephen: Hard not to internalize those with issues who smirk and roll their eyes.
Zero: Agreed. It’s a struggle. Group social dynamics are very powerful.
But I think it’s important to not lose your identity in a crowd — or to the crowd — because you are afraid of standing out.
See also: Why Good People Do Bad Things : Research indicates that being in a group makes some people lose touch with their personal moral beliefs.