~ • ~
When your possessions disallow you from doing something you want to do, the cost of ownership is your freedom.
Be careful where you place your values and what you collect in life. Don’t let the things you own end up owning you.
It’s beneficial to periodically take a step back and consider whether something in your life is really adding the kind of value that makes it worth keeping. Or whether it’s something you could sell or donate to someone who would value it more. And more importantly, get more use out of it.
It’s not a coincidence that the happiest people on the planet live with less.
Don’t let a modern materialistic society convince you that you need things that you don’t actually use.
You may just find yourself happier without another mass produced piece of plastic.
If you don’t use it, lose it.
- Ways to find encouragement: Lighten your load
- A tough pill to swallow
- Change your priorities and you change your life.
- Your greatness is not measured by how much you’re able to gain…
- Offsite: He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself.
- Authentic people don’t have to make a show of their success or value to appear successful
- Don’t let the things you own end up owning you.
- Learn to let go.