~ • ~
From your relationships with people to the environment to modern day conveniences, the things that are most often taken for granted in the world require effort and energy to simply maintain them, let alone improve them.
Take the time to think about what it would be like if the things you appreciate most in the world became scarce or went missing.
Take the time to think about what you might be taking for granted.
And then take the time to express your gratitude for these things.
Not only will it give you a greater appreciation for the things you take for granted, it’ll remind you that there are people and places in the world where those things no longer exist or never did.
And as a result, not only increase your appreciation for what you have, increase your desire to maintain or improve upon it.
There’s a saying, “You don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone.”
Be sure you take inventory.
- Take the time to say it
- Go ahead, make someone’s day…
- Talk is cheap
- If you like it, encourage it.
- Caring, appreciation, and gratitude
- Gratitude. Every day.
- Positive thinking vs positive doing
- The results of your actions speak louder than words
- Not giving a damn is not the answer
- What stress is caused by and why you should give a damn
- Accentuate the positive
- Never underestimate the power of a single act of kindness
- An honest enemy is better than a false friend
- Offsite: ‘You can’t live a perfect day without…’
- Offsite: ‘The true measure of a man’