Please note: If you like the content on this page, many of the pieces on this site have been edited, updated, merged, consolidated, or entirely rewritten (as necessary) for inclusion into my new book series (which also features entirely new content).
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale
Never give up on what you desire in life just because someone else appears to have an easier time getting what they desire or is making progress more quickly than you are.
Remind yourself as necessary that life is not a competition and that some people will always make progress more quickly than others. That’s life.
But your life, your circumstances, and your goals are your own. Don’t let the simple fact that others are working on and achieving their goals deter you from working on and achieving your own.
Always remember that every little step you take towards a goal — no matter how small — is progress.
- What I’ve learned about achieving personal goals
- There will always be someone better at something than you are
- You were meant for greatness
- Goal setting and breaking the “I can’t” excuse addiction
- The persistent drip
- Offsite: Never give up on a dream just because of the time
- Offsite: Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.