Please note: If you like the content on this page, much -- but not all -- of the written content featured on this site has been reviewed, edited, and updated (as necessary) and is now included my new book series (which also features entirely new content).
When you think about all the things you could do or all the places you could go or all the opportunities you could take advantage of, it’d be nearly impossible to fit them into a single lifetime, let alone a stage of life.
And yet many people put off doing things until some fictional future when “everything will be right”. A distant future that rarely arrives.
Don’t waste opportunities to do things that are actually worth remembering by sitting idly as they pass. The things that a person can sit down and “do” today are generally the same things one can sit down and “do” a decade from now.
So get up, get out, and really do something.
A person only gets so many opportunities to do certain things at certain times in their life. What a person plans for matters, but what a person actually does matters even more.
Any time you’ve taken care of your responsibilities and you find yourself with the luxury of time, ask yourself, “Am I doing something worth remembering?” And if what you’re doing isn’t worth remembering, think of something that you can do that is, and then do that.
If you want to love your life, do things worth remembering. Don’t just “exist” and then wonder why your life isn’t all that interesting when you’re bored.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” — Sun Tzu
It’s your life.
Live it to love it.
If you want to LOVE your life, get out there and LIVE it!
- Take chances.
- Try something new.
- Do something out of character.
- Express interest in others.
- Say YES! more.
- Offsite: Create a bucket list.
- Take the long way home.
- Eat dessert first.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- DO more, watch less.
- Listen attentively.
- Wear a smile!
- Participate in something you haven’t tried before.
- Pay for someone’s coffee or toll fare.
- Hatch a plan to make a new friend.
- Call an old friend.
- Say “thank you” like you really mean it.
- Pay off your debts.
- Thank someone you appreciate.
- Resolve to eat better.
- Take charge of something.
- Drink more water.
- Move your body.
- Find something to be passionate about.
- Do things that make your heart beat faster.
- And most importantly, get out there and…
DO SOMETHING WORTH REMEMBERING!
“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman
- It’s your life. Never stop having fun with it.
- Happiness is not a destination
- Live with intention. Every day.
- Remind yourself that every day has value