Please note: If you like the content on this page, many of the pieces on this site have been edited, updated, merged, consolidated, or entirely rewritten (as necessary) for inclusion into my new book series (which also features entirely new content).
Excerpt from: my book series
Most people use the phrases “It’s too late”, “I’m too old.”, “It’s been done.”, “I already know what the answer will be.” or “Why even bother.” as an excuse to give up without ever putting in any effort to see if they are mistaken.
It is a disservice to your life to imagine your limits without ever making an attempt to see where they truly are. The vast majority of people on the planet are capable of achieving far more than they let themselves believe.
You’ll never get a “yes” if you never ask. You won’t get the job if you don’t apply. You can’t win if you don’t play. And you’ll never do great things unless you make the effort and try.
- “I can’t do that.”
- Making progress is more important than making excuses
- If you have the power to change something that is holding you back, and you don’t…
- There is a big difference between “can’t” and “it just isn’t a high priority.
- “Can’t.” You keep using that word
- Your world will change dramatically…
- Self-imposed limitations: A tough pill to swallow
- Goal setting and breaking the “I can’t” excuse addiction