~ • ~
Dealing with discomfort, fear, and situations we don’t want be in — or situations that we are completely unfamiliar with — is an absolutely essential part of growth.
Who we are is a result of everything we’ve had to overcome in life and the attitude we chose to adopt during – or as a result of – challenges we’ve had to face.
You can choose to look at difficulties as disruptive and something to dread – or you can look at them as opportunities for growth and self improvement. Because difficulties & discomfort are simply one side of a coin while opportunities for growth are the other.
You can’t have growth without some degree of discomfort.
We may not be able to choose or even like the challenges that life throws our way, but we can always choose our attitude towards them.
- Strength from discomfort
- Overcoming overwhelmed
- Life isn’t always easy
- Life isn’t fair.
- Don’t you ever give up
- How to reduce the size of your problems.
- Contrast is good
- The persistent drip
- The most successful people in the world
- “I wish I knew then what I know now”
- Offsite: We acquire the strength we have overcome
- Offsite: Strength doesn’t come from what you can do…
- Offsite: Rudeness is the weak person’s imitation of strength